Thursday, July 17, 2014

Product Review: Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation

Hello Lovelies,
Hope you've all been well!
Today's blog post is a review of a product I recently bought, the Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation. Firstly, some facts about the foundation:

  • I bought the colour 100 Ivory
  • It's SPF 18
  • It has "light perfecting radiance" particles
  • price: AU$17.95 at priceline.
I really like this foundation! It's quite light on the skin and blends really well. When it says it is designed to match the colour of your skin and thus look natural, it really does achieve this. In saying that, it only gives a medium coverage but I think it can be built up to a fuller coverage. Maybe it will be better when I have less blemishes on my face. It lasts with a good primer and powder just like most foundations. I'm yet to try it on its own.

The colour range overall seems quite comprehensive. There were three or four colours lighter than mine which I found strange because I'm usually the lightest colour. The lighter tones seemed to be far more pink toned than this one. I think this was the lightest yellow toned colour. Now I'm not really pink or yellow based, I'm pretty neutral and I think this is a very good neutral based foundation. 

I quite like the packaging as well. It comes in a sturdy glass bottle with a plastic pump which to me, is essential for liquid foundation.

I bought the complementary Rimmel London Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer. It's a 2-in-1 Concealer and Highlighter in the colour 010 Ivory. I think this is fantastic. Better than the foundation to be honest. It gives great coverage and the colour is perfect against the the foundation. I don't really like how the tube is topped with a brush. It's supposed to be for easy application but I find it difficult to get the product out of the tube and onto my face so I can then use my own concealer brushes but that is just me. I can see what they were trying to do with it. Price AU$13.95

hope you enjoyed this!

No comments:

Post a Comment