Sunday, July 27, 2014

Back to Uni: What's In My Bag?

Hello lovelies,

This week, thousands of people in NSW are heading back to university to begin their Spring Semester. So I thought I would take the chance to do a couple of posts on university: life, style, academics etc. I'm beginning with a post on what I take to university each day.

I recently bought this bag: It is from Equip and I think I paid $37.50 which was 25% off. It's a plain black faux leather bag with beautiful gold detailing and the inside lining is actually leopard print. There are a couple of inside pockets too which is handy. What I really like about this bag is the flat bottom and studs which help the bag sit up on its own, not fall over, and the flat straps as opposed to those rounded ones, which I find sit much more comfortably on my shoulder.

So now, what's in my bag? Well of course, firstly I'll have to put my books in. I have exercise books from Typo and of course my textbooks. I also bring a 2014 planner or diary to record my homework or any catch ups or events I plan. This is also from Typo. I then have a small pencil case. Mine is just a black tube pencil case from A Brand Called Ed at Officeworks. I also like to bring a bottle of water, sunglasses and chewing gum or mints. Of course I carry my wallet. Mine is from Strandbags. I also take a makeup bag (mine is a gold sequined bag from Napoleon Perdis) with my lipstick of the day, some tissues and sanitary items, a chapstick and sometimes a powder. I'll also bring bobby pins and a spare hair elastic. Finally I bring my phone, iPod, headphones, USB key and house keys.

One thing I don't take with me to university is my laptop. I have a rather old laptop and it is quite heavy. On top of that, the battery doesn't last nearly as long as it needs to for me to use it all day at university so I'd have to carry extra weight by taking the charger. In my mind, it just is not worth it.

But that's basically it! Sometimes I'll bring a spare jumper or a hat or scarf depending on the weather but otherwise I try to keep it pretty simple. My buildings are very spread out at uni so I do a lot of walking and want to keep my bag as light as possible.

Do you take anything else important to uni? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a wonderful semester lovelies,

No comments:

Post a Comment