Sunday, August 10, 2014

Monday Rants: Mind your own damn business

Hello lovelies,
Today marks a new series I have decided to undertake called "Monday Rants" in which I basically slam society in potentially hypocritical ways because I need to release the negative energy that builds up during the week.

Today I am ranting about people who fail to mind their own business. Basically, there are certain things I say or do that do not require other people to chime in. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. BUT when I state mine, you have no right to hammer me for what I think, feel or believe. If you do not agree, I am happy to hear your counterarguments however merely saying "you're stupid" or "hahah lol who even thinks that" or "im better than you" isn't really helping your case. See, until you present logical arguments that can be backed up with relevant examples, I really do not care what you say to me. On top of that, if we have had a past clash and we end it on okay terms, I tend to try cut you out of my life. SO DO NOT COME BACK. It is generally clear if I have no interest in your comments so please don't even bother making them to me in the first place. I get that when I put my opinions on social media, I open myself up to interrogation, "hate" and harassment. I will defend myself and my thought but you aren't going to get the response you want out of me. I will not erupt with anger. You are in no way harming my life. So save your time and mine and mind your own damn business.

It also really annoys me when people cannot accept that certain things simply do not involve them. If I am talking to a friend and another friend tries to find out what's happening, I will change the conversation topic. People need to understand that if I want you to know something, I will tell you. If I do not tell you, I do not want you to know so please do not go searching. Do not ask my other friends and put them in a position where they may have to start spreading things. I will hate you for putting them in a situation where they have to choose which friend to please. It also shows that you are no true friend of mine if you cannot respect the fact that I may have secrets. Don't ruin the relationship, just mind your own damn business.

And finally, there are the people who cannot for two seconds live their life without gossip or rumors. When I see you, there is no need to ask about every little detail of my life in the hope of finding out some drama. Again, if there is something important you should know, I will tell you. I will not speak just to fuel your need to be the centre know it all queen B and so that you can then go around telling other people. This is not year 8 anymore. We are not 14 (mind you I turned 14 in year 10...). Grow up and mind your own damn business.

Ok I think that rant is over. Go on, hammer me for being a bitch about it. I dare you.


No comments:

Post a Comment