Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Chloe Morello/YSL experience

Hello lovelies,
I hope you're all having a wonderful day because I know I certainly am!
Today I went to an event at Myer hosted by the wonderful youtube extraordinaire, Chloe Morello. It was in conjunction with Yves Saint Laurent and was based all around their new red glossy lip stains. It was quite fantastic. I learnt so much and Chloe was so wonderful and helpful and kind. It was an honour to meet the lady who taught me basically all I know about make up.

The event cost $50 which was then redeemable on products at the YSL counter. We were also given a voucher for $30 off if we spent over $150. On arrival, two men dressed in suits greeted us with sparkling water and macarons. We got the opportunity to meet Chloe and take some photos before sitting down and being given a gift bag featuring all the YSL brochure, a sample of their yet to be released Black Opium perfume (which smells amazing btw), their Forever Youth Liberator Serum and also the Shocking Volume Mascara. Chloe then greeted us and began her make up tutorial on her beautiful model. It was a simple but useful tutorial on a classic winged liner and red lip look. I loved it because it's something I like to wear regularly. After that was finished, all the wonderful workers and make up artists, including the model and Chloe herself, assisted us in purchasing our products. It was crowded but they went to the effort to help everyone which was super kind.

I came away with three lipsticks. For buying three lipsticks I was also given a lipstick stand to showcase them. So what I bought was this:

  • Rouge Pur Couture in the colour 9 Rose Stiletto
  • Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in the colour 9 Rouge Laque. This is the one that featured in the tutorial but unfortunately I didn't realize that I didn't pick up the limited edition version and just got the standard version.
  • Rouge Volumpté in the colour 1 Beige Charnel (nude beige)

I am so satisfied with the experience and the help and expertise of the Yves Saint Laurent team at Myer. They are truly amazing and this ended up being one of the best days. It was even better that I got to share it with one of my best friends, Stacia. I strongly recommend booking one of the many Couture Services YSL offers because for all of them you get to redeem the booking fee in product. It's really good value. I think it would be great if other youtube gurus teamed up with other high end brands to run the same kind of event. 

Finally, on a personal note, a huge thank you to Chloe Morello. Over the years she has given me the confidence to do my own make up and feel fabulous and look fabulous and I owe so much to her. 



Much love guys,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristine!

    i just came across your blog post and I just read it all and I love it! It was amazing to meet you, you are so sweet! I hope I see you again at other events :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete